Thursday, January 20, 2011

Comfort Food


Almost once a week I make a roast chicken - it is so easy, and best of all, Olivia loves it. I slice 2 lemons, and squeeze the juice over the chicken, and add some olive oil, salt and pepper. I use a dutch oven and cook it for 3 hours at 350. I take the chicken out (it is usually falling off the bone at this point). Then add 1 chicken bouillon cube to the drippings, and sprinkle enough Wondra to thicken it - makes a fantastic gravy. Tonight I made this with rolls and broccoli and Olivia ate all of it! 

2 comments:

Annie said...

a whole chicken? where do you buy it?

Megan said...

Anne from C+C - I should have clarified - I use a Predue oven roaster- and of course I put on plastic gloves while handling the bugger. They're usually $10 and lasts for 2 meals here.