Tuesday, November 10, 2009

We've Stooped So Low


Poor Liv is sick with her usual cold/ear infection/cough until she vomits. Fortunately for us, Olivia loves the antibiotic they give her. She'll happily toss it back as if it's a lemon drop on her 21st birthday. But we have epic battles trying to get her to take cough medicine. Last night was no different, with Steve and I begging and pleading. Bribe after bribe, she was not budging. We've tried to use force, but that hasn't had pretty results. I then realized that her antibiotic was the same color as some nail polish I had - so I painted the outside of the syringe with it, with the nasty cough medicine hiding inside. When I walked back into the room Olivia jumped for joy, ran up to me and I shot it into her mouth. The look of disappointment and betrayal was almost - but not quite - too much.

1 comment:

Amy said...

They can be so stubborn! Try Vick's Vapor Rub on her chest and neck, especially before bed. Works for us once I convince them that they will get used to the smell and cool feel.colstr